- Searching for “breakout nations” in the emerging markets
- Africa’s new oil and gas finds: the good, bad, and the ugly
- Brazil’s elusive “future” – is it finally here?
- East Africa: the next gold rush?
- Mexico: ready to take on China?
- Peru and Turkey: consolidation or disruption?
- Corruption: which countries are changing?
- Psst… care for a zero-rupee note?
- Can you say “Groupon” in Spanish?
- Frugal innovation meets clean energy
TagsAfrica Algeria Analytics Antoine van Agtmael Argentina Bharti Airtel Brands Brazil Breakout Nations BRICs Call Centers Cartels Chile China Clean Energy Commodities Corruption Coupons Cuba Data Drugs E-Commerce East Africa Education Egypt El Salvador Ethiopia Facebook FDI Foreign Investment Gaddafi Gangs Groupon India Indonesia Innovation Iran Italy Jordan Kenya Kuwait Libya Logistics Marketing Mexico Mozambique Multinationals Natural Gas Obama OECD Oil Oman Payments Pinera Reform Remittances Retail Revolution Ruchir Sharma Smartphone Socialbakers Social Media South Africa South Korea Taiwan Tanzania Tata Trade Transparency International Tunisia Turkey Uganda Unemployment United States World Bank
Category Archives: Updates
Look for book reviews on Emerging Markets Blog – starting in the next few days. I will provide short, no-nonsense reviews that summarize the book’s objectives, list the most important takeaways, and offer up suggestions on what was lacking. I’ll also … Continue reading
Hello! My name is David Gates and emerging markets are a passion of mine. I studied international political science and economics (with a focus on developing countries) at Dartmouth and the London School of Economics. After college, I worked as a journalist and … Continue reading